Eurecat, Technology Centre of Catalonia, brings together the expertise of 650 professionals and serving more than a 1.700 companies. Applied R + D, more than 200 projects, technological services, highly specialized training, 88 patents, 7 spin-offs, technology consulting and professional events are some of the services that Eurecat offers for both small and medium-sized companies of all sectors. The added value provided by Eurecat accelerates innovation, decreases spending on scientific and technological infrastructures, reduces risks and provides specialized knowledge to each company.
The Robotics and Automation Unit of Eurecat Technology Center (Barcelona) is looking for a highly motivated Robotics Engineer/Technician with experience in Industrial and Collaborative Robots.
We are seeking a person with passion and interest in the world of robotics and Industry 4.0, willing to help grow our research and development on Industrial robotics. The candidate will be involved in designing, simulating, programming and prototyping various types of novel robotic cells and installations. The candidate will act as the main responsible for the integration, programming and maintenance of all our robotic systems in the lab.
Our group is specialized in applied research and development on Service and Industrial Robotics. Our objective is to increase the level of robot autonomy and intelligence to enable more complex robotics behaviours. Over the last 15 years, our group has developed extensive experience in solutions and developments for our industrial and service private customers, as well as in several of the most successful European and Spanish projects in robotics. Check out our research lines and projects website:
We are a team of energetic young people passionate about robotics. Come join us!
The main responsibilities will focus on the technological developments including:
- Maintain in-house existing robotic solutions and laboratories
- Support the design, procurement, commissioning, maintenance, testing and validation of the systems
- Robot/PLC calibration, programming and testing
- Participate in the definition and development of new concepts and robotic ideas
- Support to project management to ensure proper project execution
- Establish and maintain contact with distributors, clients and partners in consortiums
WHAT EURECAT CAN OFFER YOU?
Our laboratory is located in Cerdanyola del Vallès, in the outskirts of Barcelona city (Spain). Barcelona besides being easily connected to the rest of Europe, provides a great quality of life and a great robotics ecosystem full of initiatives, research groups, robotics companies and interesting events. And many more to come!
- Permanent contract
- Hybrid work (home office/ work in the office)
- Flexible Schedule
- Shorter workday on Friday and Summer Schedule
- Flexible remuneration package (health insurance, transport, lunch, studies – training, kindergarten and renting)
- Eurecat workers can join the Eurecat Academy courses
- Eurecat workers can attend to our weekly thematic sessions to be aware of Eurecat areas of knowledge.
- Language’s training (EN, Catalan and Spanish)
You can send your cv to Industrial Robotics Engineer or Technician
Bachelor's degree or at least 3 years of work experience in industrial automation, robotics or related discipline.
Ability to calibrate and operate robots (ABB, KUKA, Universal Robots, others).
Knowledge of or interest in pneumatic systems, mechanical design for prototyping and industrial automation (PLC, sensors, servo controls, industrial networks).
Team spirit and ability to work independently.
Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and creativity.
Knowledge of English, Spanish and Catalan
Availability to travel occasionally.
Other desired skills that will be considered of positive value:
Familiarity with CADCAM software for robotics: Grasshopper, SprutCAM ...
Knowledge in industrial electrical plant design and electrical schematics drawings
- Cerdanyola del Vallés