Eurecat, Technology Centre of Catalonia, brings together the expertise of 650 professionals and serving more than a 1.700 companies. Applied R + D, more than 200 projects, technological services, highly specialized training, 88 patents, 7 spin-offs, technology consulting and professional events are some of the services that Eurecat offers for both small and medium-sized companies of all sectors. The added value provided by Eurecat accelerates innovation, decreases spending on scientific and technological infrastructures, reduces risks and provides specialized knowledge to each company.
The Robotics and Automation Unit of Eurecat Technology Center (Barcelona) is looking for a highly motivated Robotics engineer with special interest in applied R&D. This specific vacancy is seeking people with passion for robotics, software and artificial intelligence regardless the amount of experience and age.
We need candidates with good level of Software development for robotics solutions (including ROS) and a particular interest in specializing and developing a career in some of this research challenges (HRI, planning, learning, navigation, manipulation, perception, etc)
Our group is specialized in applied research and development on Service and Industrial Robotics. Our objective is to increase the level of robot autonomy and intelligence to enable more complex robotics behaviours. Our projects cover a wide range of robotics topics and sectors such as advanced manufacturing, field robotics (agriculture and others), logistics, healthcare, inspection and maintenance, etc.
Over the last 15 years, our group has developed extensive experience in solutions and developments for our customers, as well as in several of the most successful European and Spanish projects in robotics. Check out our research lines and projects website:
We are a team of energetic young people passionate about robotics. Come join us!
The main responsibilities will focus on the scientific contribution and technological developments including:
- Research and development of the projects
- Software development, validation and maintenance of good quality (product-oriented) applied research
- Participate in the definition and development of new concepts and robotic ideas
- Sporadic support/supervision to robot integration, field trials and robot maintenance
- Participate in scientific publications
- Support to project management to ensure proper project execution
- Establish and maintain contact with clients and partners in consortiums
WHAT EURECAT CAN OFFER YOU?
Our laboratory is located in Cerdanyola del Vallès, in the outskirts of Barcelona city (Spain). Barcelona besides being easily connected to the rest of Europe, provides a great quality of life and a great robotics ecosystem full of initiatives, research groups, robotics companies and interesting events. And many more to come!
- Permanent contract
- Hybrid work (home office/ work in the office)
- Flexible Schedule
- Shorter workday on Friday and Summer Schedule
- Flexible remuneration package (health insurance, transport, lunch, studies – training, kindergarten and renting)
- Eurecat workers can join the Eurecat Academy courses
- Eurecat workers can attend to our weekly thematic sessions to be aware of Eurecat areas of knowledge.
- Language’s training (English, Catalan and Spanish)
You can send your cv to Robotics Engineer Researcher
- Presencial y remoto
MSc or PhD or equivalent experience in Robotics, AI, Computer Vision or related discipline.
Proven experience with C++, Python, ROS/ROS2, reusable code, and software documentation.
Scientific background in some one of the following areas of robotics will also be relevant: robot learning, task planning, behavior trees, localization and navigation, manipulation, HRI, vision-guided robotics, 3D perception, and artificial intelligence/deep learning.
Excellent knowledge of English is required
Availability to travel occasionally.
- Cerdanyola del Vallés